Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Presence

In my silent moment as I do my tasks ,
With the scent of fresh air and a sight of quiet lake , 
I can't help but weave a poem of praise
To a Presence I can never deny....




I was out in the sun doing my tasks 
These tiny little sprouts I came across as I tread the ground
A life trying to show off as if giving me a hint, 
The season has changed! Winter is gone.

The thought of Spring made me smile
As I continued my work clearing the piles   
Imagining the flowers that will come about
And how these lives were once all hidden beneath the ground



Traces of snow are still around
Yet within my range I see beauty coming from the ground
I saw this tiny maiden discreetly enjoying the sun
So prim, and proper, such a beauty without a doubt


 As I continued my walk
Look at what I've found 
Little maidens sprinkled around
They stood there without a sound


Amazing isn't it? 
The life beneath the ground
Hidden for a while in our eyes 
Yet in time will come about

Then my reflection went abound
To something deeper than the ground
The thought of Him came to me
The Beloved who came and gave us life

He lived and walked with us
He was lifted up the ground
He was fastened on the Cross
Buried in the tomb

He went underground
Saved those buried on the ground
So that rising from the ground
Eternal Life once was promised now with us

A silence does not mean an absence
Silence is a presence in the midst of absence
A presence beyond words,
At times far more stronger than any sound

My Lord whom I love
You are a presence without a doubt
Silent and hidden yet
As close as I breathe my next

I am now more convinced
That there is more in life
Than what our eyes can see
Than what our hands can touch

Beneath the ground,
Deep in my heart
There is a PRESENCE
more real, more profound

And I trust this Presence
Even to understand Him is a work of eternity
As I placed my hand and breathe my next
I know His Presence is for REAL.

And to you my friend who read my poem
I invite you to search this Presence
But it requires a silent and humble heart
For HIM to be found

"I praise you Father for you have hidden these things from the wise and learned." Matthew 11:5

5 comments:

  1. I simply love what you wrote.It's something I could share with my Satur-dates in preparation for Easter on death to new life ~ the change of season from winter to spring and the Paschal Mystery.

    Your reflection on the deep and abiding Presence of Christ is something to ponder on throughout the week. I pray for that silence and humility to feel the essence of Christ's presence deep within me ~ through my brothers and sisters I encounter each day.

    Thank you for sharing this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melissa, there are 'many presence' in life that we hold-on to, the truth that His presence brings is a hope worth holding-on from now 'till eternity.

    Jesus' promise is very clear, " in my Father's house there are many rooms.. I will go and prepare a place for you.." He loves us and He is faithful to His promise. The "best gift" is waiting for those who love Him to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! You have a gift, my dear brother. Simplicity and full of wisdom. God's beauty can be found everywhere. Such precious gifts for us to enjoy. I love your poem, my brother. Keep writing, and may the Holy Spirit keep inspiring and illuminating you. :D ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sis Hilda you are correct , God's created beauty is everywhere. It's like the author is giving a hint that He too is everywhere- never left us.
    Thanks for leaving your trace on my blog. Blessings+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Aw, you are soo welcome, my brother. God bless you always! ❤️ :D

      Delete