Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Nearness of You


You are so near, I dare not touch you
I fear to disturb our holy communion 
Oneness and intimacy that  make us one
Only with eyes closed that I could touch and hold


You are like brother sun, you keep me warm 
You are my sister moon, you keep vigil when I rest
You are the song that has no end in my ears
A sweet melody that keeps my rhythm of the day

Your  voice, your laugh, ah I hear them everyday
Your smile, your eyes they follow me everywhere
Your touch, your hands, and even the tiny pinches you do
Yes you are a presence I dare say so true

What a precious gift you are 
So much to have in my borrowed life
"In eternity ", says The Beloved 
"There", where "the nearness of you",  I will behold.

Pour Toujours+

2 comments:

  1. One of the most beautiful expressions of love is poetry ~ the language of the heart. I felt everything you've written. I am simply blessed and grateful for this experience of 'journeying' with you to the very core of your emotions.

    Amazing love+

    ReplyDelete
  2. It amazes me too what love can do. When one is possessed by love, all it sees is love and prompted by love it is willing to sacrifice even its very own preference including its very own self. Happy journeying with love...

    ReplyDelete